Monday, February 4, 2013

Have a Baby

The quote:
"Just go on (pronounced by my Mama as gawn) and have a baby already, you're not getting any younger and I need something to do with all this free time."

The back story:
My Mama was in a horrific car accident about 6 months ago and is still recovering, she walks talks and has just as much spit fire as ever but she gets tired and has to rest, hurts a lot and sleeps 12 hours a night. She was working 3 jobs before the accident because she's always done that, always gone as hard as possible and done as much as she could. That's just my Mama. One unexpected result of the accident was her new determination to have me reproduce. This quote is not the first instance in which she has assured me that she's totally okay with me popping one out. The first conversation started with her giving me pamphlets on in vitro fertilization. You've got to give it to the woman, she's done her research. I'm fairly sure once she's back up and running the world she wont be quite so concerned with my ovulation cycles but until then I'm acting as immature as possible to make sure she see's how irresponsible it would be for me to have a child right now. So far, it's not working.

No comments:

Post a Comment