Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Real Bra

The quote:
"Wait, before you go, are you wearing a real bra?"

The back story:
I had a date and called my Mama before the date to get a little pep talk and catch up. She's surprisignly sweet when she wants to be, and really no one can make me feel quite as valuable as my Mama. She was satisfied with all the plans I had made for the evening but not exactly satisfied with my wardrobe choices.

Me: "Alright Mama, I'm gonna go, I still need to do my make-up.
Mama:  "Are you dressed already?""
Me: "We're not doing anything special so I'm just wearing what I wore today."
Mama: "Are you wearing a real bra?"
Me: "...No Mama, but I don't want to be uncomfortable all night."
Mama: "Put on a real bra darlin', I don't care if it cuts of circulation to the entire upper half of your body, I will not have my child running around like a damn hippie."
Me: "...Yes Mama..."
Mama: "You'd better,  I'll know."

She called me the next day to ask, it should be noted that I did change clothes. Mama said I had to.

No comments:

Post a Comment