Saturday, February 2, 2013

Face Your Fears

The quote:
"You've terrified me since you came out of the womb, lucky for you I decided to face my fears."

The back story:
My mother has told me the story of my first day home from the hospital often. She tells it that she got me home and things were going dandy until I started to cry. Not just cry but wail, screech and carry on. She did everything in her power to calm the storm but I was having none of it. She says she pleaded with me "what do you want from me?!" Still the rage did not abate. As she tells it, right then, all the joy of being a mother, a goal she had waited 40 years to achieve, turned to terror. She was suddenly scared shitless that I would never stop crying, so she cried with me. She ends the story there, gets a little misty eyed and quiet, then all of the sudden she'll look me in the eye and say to me "You've terrified me since you cam out of my womb, lucky for you I decided to face my fears."

No comments:

Post a Comment