Saturday, February 2, 2013

Double Trouble At Home

The Quote:
"Honey, you can be sure that whatever paddling they give you in school, you're going to love compared to what you get when you get home."

The back story:
Kids these days have no idea the true meaning of punishment. I went to an elementary school that still paddled children in the front office. I avoided that fate though, because I knew that if my mama got the call that I'd acted up enough to get paddled at school I was getting something far worse at home. She had a collection of yardsticks and I got whupped until the one she was using broke. Around age 8 I started bending them just to breaking, degrading their integrity, so that my whuppin's would be shorter, she got wise to that quick and we switched to the belt. Balsa wood is the devil.

No comments:

Post a Comment