Thursday, February 7, 2013

Are You Pregnant?

The quote:
Me: "Mama! MAMA! I have a surprise! I need you to clear your schedule May 4th and 5th!"
Mama: "Oh thank goodness, why did you have to wait so long to tell me!"
Me: "...Wait, what?"
Mama: "Are you pregnant?"
Me: "...No, why would I tell you to clear your schedule for 2 days if I was pregnant?"
Mama: "I thought that was your due date... you know what, never mind, just tell me what you were going to tell me."
Me: "No, you thought I was 5 months pregnant and hadn't told you?!"
Mama: "You could've been hiding it well in all that hoodie you wear all time time, I don't know, just move on okay. Now what was the surprise."
Me: "... I'm taking you to the circus."
Mama: "That's wonderful sweetie, but next time you get so excited about something you had better be pregnant."

The back story:
I whole heart love Circ de Soliel and have been so so blessed to see 3 of their shows, my most recent (and favorite) experience was Totem on my birthday this past year. I took a close friend but when I originally told my Mama about my plans she seemed very disappointed she wasn't coming. I bought tickets to take her to see Quidam,I've got this whole fantastic 2 day trip out of town planned. Again, she's disappointed, this time because I'm not pregnant. We're not even going near the idea that she thinks I could be 5 months pregnant and not tell her. That's my Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment